Friday, September 30, 2016

I wake up in the morning.

I wake up in the morning.
Things are going well until I sit up, that's when I feel the weight on my chest come back again.
literally.
I put on my binders first, but I still know THEY are still there.
Then I go to school.
Getting misgendered all day.
"She, she, she, she" its enough to drive someone to tears. Why call me my preferred name then call me 'she'?
Don't humor me if you aren't going to be sincere.
Finally, I come home. If my dads in a bad mood its condescending comments and remarks that hurt, such favorites as:
-"You. Are. A. Girl"
-"I want to call you (dead name), don't ask stupid questions if you don't want honest answers"
-"Why are you dressed like that?"
-(In a store) "why don't we go to the girls section for your clothes?" *stares at him, hurt and confused, mutters to him 'why are you doing this to me?'*
I spend so much time on the internet because that's the only place where people truly get me. I can escape the aggressive comments and hurtful remarks. I can truly be me.
But who am I to say who I am anyway?
Thank god you are around to tell me how to live my life.
Thank you for being sure that a student almost in college, feels doubt about making his own life decisions.
Perfect.
~Zach, FTM

No comments:

Post a Comment